The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager and is subject to approval by a majority vote of the Council. The Clerk’s office provides an array of services to the public, City Manager, Council and staff.
The City Clerk’s office provides assistance with the following:
- Qualifying officer for candidates who wish to contend for the Office of Mayor and City Council.
- Prepares the agendas for all meetings and workshops of the City Council, CRA, P&Z, and RAC.
- Records management and retention of all official records in compliance with state law; serves as the City’s Records Management Liaison Officer with the State of Florida Department of State.
- Processes all official City records requests in compliance with Florida Public Records Law (F.S. Ch. 119).
- Submits City Council approved annexations, vacations, easements, deeds, liens, utility and developer agreements for recording.
- Attends, records, transcribes, scans and indexes minutes of the City Council, CRA, P&Z, and RAC meetings.
- Coordinates the codification and distribution of supplemental updates of the City Charter, Code of Ordinances, and Land Development Code.
- Custodian of public records for the City of Groveland.
- Custodian of the City Seal with the authority to execute and emboss documents to authenticate the validity of city records.
- Administers oaths, which includes the induction of Council Members.
- Serves as the Financial Disclosure Coordinator with the State of Florida Commission on Ethics.
Public Records Requests Fees
Please be advised the City of Groveland charges fees for public records requests in accordance with Florida Statutes Chapter 119.07
Municode (City Code)
View the City of Groveland Code of Ordinances (Municode). Code Books are also available in the City Clerk’s Office for review.
Lake County Supervisor of Elections Office administers voter registration. Applications can be obtained online - Lake County Supervisor of Elections.
- Florida Association of City Clerks
- International Institute of Municipal Clerks
- Florida Notary Association