Procurement manages the City’s procurement program through the effective use of a wide array of procurement and contracting procedures involving the issuance of various solicitations, negotiation efforts, and award of contracts for all types of goods and services including construction and professional services. Our goal is to provide timely and effective customer service consistent with sound public procurement principles.
To establish a central procurement department that ensures the consistent application of procurement best practices, good stewardship of taxpayers’ dollars, and the highest level of public trust while working in partnership with internal departments.
- Ethics – always doing the right thing, especially when no one is looking.
- Impartiality – unbiased decision-making and actions at all times.
- Accountability – taking ownership and being responsible to all stakeholders for our actions.
- Professionalism – easily accessible and understandable policies and processes/procedures.
- Service – obligation to assist stakeholders.
- Transparency – readily available documentation of all manner of procurement transactions.