NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Groveland will be accepting applications for open positions for the Recreational Advisory Committee (RAC) beginning October 15, 2022 through November 15, 2022.
Currently there are five (5) open positions to serve two-year term limits on the RAC beginning December 2022 to November 2024.
The two-year term limit positions are for District 1, District 3, District 5, a Resident at Large and for a Lake County School Representative.
Duties and responsibilities of RAC Members:
The recreation advisory committee shall be advisory to the city council and to the city manager and his staff. The primary duties of the committee shall include the following:
- To serve in an advisory capacity to the council and city manager on matters pertaining to public recreation, parklands and related facilities.
- To serve in an advisory capacity to the council and city manager on matters pertaining to art, literature, music, theatre, and other related activities.
- To serve in an advisory capacity to the council and city staff with respect to the establishment of user/rental fee schedules for parks, sports fields and public facilities.
- To recommend solutions to scheduling and use conflicts of city recreational facilities.
- To recommend rules and regulations for use and improvement of public parklands, recreation areas, squares, and grounds, including playgrounds, concessions and recreational and related facilities and programs installed and maintained therein.
- To serve in an advisory capacity to the council and city staff with respect to policies for the acquisition, development and improvement of parklands and recreational areas.
- To recommend to the council a comprehensive recreation and parkland use program based on the needs and interests of the community to assure and stimulate public interest, and to solicit to the fullest extent the cooperation of schools, local youth and public and private agencies.
- To give input on park and recreation grant requests and assist city council and city staff with lobbying granting agencies or organizations for funding.
- The committee may initiate such efforts and investigations as it deems appropriate in order to properly inform itself and to provide the greatest degree of assistance to the City Council, the City Manager and his staff and the public.
Those interested in applying may obtain an application by accessing the City’s website at www.groveland-fl.gov, and accessing the Form Center link on the home page and clicking on Citizens Advisory Boards & Committees Application; or an application may be requested via the City Clerk at email@example.com, (352) 730 – 9285.
Virginia Wright, CMC
City of Groveland
Website; Facebook, City messaging sign;
News media release; City Hall display board.