Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
If you are interested in joining the Recreation Advisory Committee, please submit the
Citizen Advisory Boards & Committees Application Form
The Recreation Advisory Committee is advisory to the City Council and to the City Manager and his staff. Their primary duties include:
- To serve in an advisory capacity to the Council and City Manager on matters pertaining to public recreation, parklands, and related facilities
- To serve in an advisory capacity to the Council and City Manager on matters pertaining to art, literature, music, theatre, and other related activities
- To serve in an advisory capacity to the Council and City staff with respect to the establishment of user/rental fee schedules for parks, sports fields, and public facilities
- To recommend solutions to scheduling and use conflicts of City recreational facilities
- To recommend rules and regulations for use and improvement of public parklands, recreation areas, squares, and grounds, including playgrounds, concessions and recreational and related facilities and programs installed and maintained therein
- To serve in an advisory capacity to the Council and city staff with respect to policies for the acquisition, development and improvement of parklands and recreational areas
- To recommend to the Council a comprehensive recreation and parkland use program based on the needs and interest of the community to assure and stimulate public interest, and to solicit to the fullest extent the cooperation of schools, local youth and public and private agencies
- To give input on park and recreation grant requests and assist City Council and City Staff with lobbying granting agencies or organizations for funding
The committee may initiate such efforts and investigations as it deems appropriate in order to properly inform itself and to provide the greatest degree of assistance to the City Council, the City Manager and his staff and the public.