The City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager and is subject to approval by a majority vote of the Council. The Clerk’s Office provides an array of services to the public, City Manager, Council, and staff.
The City Clerk’s Office provides assistance with the following:
- Qualifying Officer for candidates who wish to contend for the Office of Mayor and City Council.
- Prepares the agendas for all meetings, workshops of the City Council, and Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Board.
- Records management and retention of all official records in compliance with state law; serves as the City’s Records Management Liaison Officer with the State of Florida Department of State.
- Processes all official City public records requests in compliance with Florida Public Records Law (F.S. Ch. 119).
- Submits City Council approved annexations, vacations, easements, deeds, liens, and utility and developer agreements to the county for recording.
- Attends, records, transcribes, scans, and indexes minutes of the meetings.
- Coordinates the codification and distribution of supplemental updates of the City Charter, Code of Ordinances, and Land Development Code.
- Custodian of public records for the City of Groveland.
- Custodian of the City Seal with the authority to execute and emboss documents to authenticate the validity of City records.
- Administers oaths, which includes the induction of Council Members.
- Serves as the Financial Disclosure Coordinator with the State of Florida Commission on Ethics.
- Florida Association of City Clerks
- International Institute of Municipal Clerks
- Florida Association of Records Management
- Association of Records Managers and Administrators
- Florida Notary Association